The mission of Get Oil Out! (GOO!) is to protect the Santa Barbara Channel and coastline from all environmental, economic and esthetic encroachments by petroleum development.
In directing our efforts to fulfill our mission, GOO! will:
- Monitor and advocate local, state and federal legislation and regulations bearing on proposed oil industry development and the observance at all times of official safety standards.
- Support offshore lease buy-back program, especially off the coast of California.
- Encourage the development of alternative energy approaches and technologies through technical seminars, and other means.
- Promote public awareness of these and related matters by disseminating information on these issues through literature, public forums, and other appropriate means.
- Work for an national energy policy that assigns top priority to environmental protection and sustainability.
- Engage in educational and legal activities, on all matters relating to the above purposes and objectives.